Career at PREBAS
The service technician’s tasks include annual maintenance, service calls and the mechanical and electrical commissioning of the systems on site. In addition, he trains customers and documents his work accordingly. Thanks to his experience in the exchange with customers, the service technician is actively involved in the continuous improvement process of the systems.
The main task is planned annual maintenance, which the service technician carries out alone or with a colleague at our customers’ premises. The assignments usually last 3-5 days, but a maximum of two weeks.
Unscheduled service calls to eliminate faults occasionally occur, but are the exception.
Planned commissioning of new machines is also part of the service technician’s area of responsibility. The period for commissioning is also 3-5 days.
After commissioning, the customer receives system training, which is carried out by the service technician.
Of course, the new employee will be carefully trained in the subject matter of the painting laboratory systems.
The service bus available for annual maintenance is the responsibility of the service technician with regard to the inventory of material and operational readiness.
Service assignments are mainly in Germany and other European countries.
Outside European assignments can take place in the USA, Russia, Turkey and China, among others.
- Successfully completed vocational training in the field of mechanics, electrical engineering or as a mechatronics technician, this is ideally supplemented by a technician’s degree.
- ideally professional experience as a fitter / technician in the field
- good craftsmanship
- high self-motivation and ability to work in a team
- high willingness to learn and interest in professional development
- high degree of willingness to travel
- Responsible, independent and dedicated way of working
- Fun dealing with our long-standing customers
- Familiarity with PCs and Microsoft Office, basic PLC knowledge is an advantage (Siemens S7, Tia Portal) Class “B” driver’s license required
What we offer you:
- Systematic familiarization with the technology of the laboratory paint shop
- An interesting and wide-ranging area of responsibility with a well-equipped service vehicle and lots of room for manoeuvre
- A permanent employment contract
- 30 vacation days and a flexible working time model
- Various benefits such as the use of BusinessBike, 13 monthly salaries (holiday and Christmas bonus), overtime pay, weekend bonuses, meals & hotel fee and the country-specific expense payment)
- Carrying / overwriting of existing company pension schemes possible
- Flights longer than 8 hours are operated with at least Premium Economy tickets
- Opportunities for personal development through internal / external courses and e-learning
- An open corporate culture with the prospect of taking on more responsibility
- A great team with many clever minds for a valuable exchange of experiences
- Flat hierarchies and a loyal and collegial environment
Date of entry:
from September 01, 2022